According to studies by WHO, India has an estimate of 15-20 million asthmatic patients. These numbers are increasing every year due to environment pollution resulting in weak respiratory systems, stress and decreased immunity to airborne allergens and other harmful agents.
Symptoms of Asthma:
Some of the common symptoms of Asthma include breathlessness, wheezing (high-pitched whistling sounds when breathing out), bad cough particularly at night, difficulty in breathing, chest tightness, and insomnia.
How Salt Therapy Works?
Salt Therapy is an effective solution for asthmatic patients. Every patient experiences noticeable effects and great relief after being treated with salt therapy. He can breathe with more ease and the recurrence of this condition is reduced by regular treatment. Also, Salt Therapy has long term benefits compared to the temporary relief of inhalers and prescription drugs. At Salt Cave Asia Centre in Pune, we provide the best treatments for Asthma and allergic disorders through Salt Therapy. It treats the root cause of the breathing problem and not superficial symptoms and thus enhances the longevity of relief for the patient.
Benefits of Salt Therapy:
Salt Therapy is one of the preferred choices of treatment by top Pulmonologist in India for Asthma; it not only brings much-needed relief, but also reduces the frequency of recurring symptoms.
Salt Therapy is a clinically proven, natural, safe and beneficial method of treatment for all age groups. Comfortable breathing in the negatively ionized saline aerosol, generated by our machine, in a salt room has significant effect, due to following reasons:
- Salt is anti-microbial and hence kills bacteria naturally.
- It clear and widens the airways by reducing inflammation.
- It is mucolytic i.e. it dissolves and clears the mucus and reduces the chance of infections.
- It strengthens immunity and patient won’t over-react to asthma/allergy triggers
- It improves Muco-ciliary action.
- It reduces IgE levels, which means the immune system won’t over-react to asthma/allergy triggers.
- Depending on patient’s Condition & for long-term benefits 12 – 35 sessions are recommended.
- For severe cases, follow-up sessions, in every 2-3 months are recommended. This helps in maintaining clear lungs & reduced IgE Levels to fight with allergy Triggers Naturally.